About Argos Wityu
Argos Wityu is an independent European private equity firm founded in 1989 with offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Frankfurt, Milan, and Luxembourg and is fully owned and operated by its partners. As an entrepreneurial and business-minded investment fund, we take majority stakes in medium-sized companies across Europe and currently manage €1.4bn in AUM via two strategies: Argos Mid-Market and Argos Climate Action.
Argos Mid-Market: we invest €30-100m equity tickets across all industries in companies valued between €50-250m. Our focus is primarily on transformational opportunities incl. management buy-in, carve-out, and complex shareholder situations, favouring business transformation and growth before leverage.
Argos Climate Action: we invest €10-50m equity tickets aimed at shaping European sustainable leaders by making their ‘grey-to-green’ transition. Fundraising is ongoing for this European Article 9 impact buyout fund.
Our approach is characterized by a close relationship with management teams, entrepreneurial spirit, transparency, and a strong sense of social responsibility. Over the past 30 years, we operated 8 funds carrying out 90+ platform transactions.
In 2013 we opened the Brussels office, currently supported via 6 investment professionals. Since then, we executed 5 platform (3 NL, 2 BE) and 22 add-on acquisitions in the region. Given the strong performance and high deal flow, we opened an Amsterdam office in Jul’23 and are hiring two reinforcements at Analyst level; one for our new office in Amsterdam, and one for our office in Brussels.
You will work with an international team in the Benelux, and will be given the opportunity to be an integral part to all aspects of our day-to-day work in a tight-knit team of investment professionals.
Deal execution: support the team in execution of investment opportunities through
- Analysing markets, competition, strategy, and other components in deal opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of financial models and analyses
- Valuations exercises incl. comparable transactions, listed comparable companies and modelling
- Support and manage due-diligence processes and participate in management interactions
- Preparation of investment committee documentation to defend the opportunity
Origination & Proprietary sourcing: drive sourcing through market research, company screening, intermediary relationship building, manager origination, and your own network.
Portfolio: you will support portfolio companies, with a high level of responsibilities incl. valuation, reporting, strategic workshops, value creation, M&A, and financing – including frequent interactions with the management team.
The ideal candidate is a Belgian or Dutch individual with a minimum of 1 year experience in a relevant industry, such as investment banking, M&A, Private Equity, Big-4 TS, or strategy consulting.
- Education: Master graduate; business/econ/ finance studies preferred; others considered based on experience
- Language skills: Dutch (fluent mandatory), English; with French viewed as beneficial for Brussels role
- Transaction experience: exposure to (parts of) the M&A cycle or PE via a first role or internship
- Experience the challenge of working in a pan-European private equity group
- Multi-strategy investment exposure (both Mid-Market and Climate Action) with an expanding PE platform
- Joining a high impact and sustainability & ESG-oriented investor – a chance to make a tangible contribution
- Multi-country role with time spent on Dutch and Belgian transactions (and international portfolio company setting)
- High level of responsibility and autonomy: a place to develop and grow as investment professional
- Guidance and mentoring through a flat team structure
- Access to training and professional development resources
✍️ CV + Cover Letter