Paris, 8th July 2015 – The Argos Wityu funds announce the sale of Aytos, the software editor, to Berger Levrault. Berger Levrault continues its strategy of international expansion following recent acquisitions of Coba and Exagon in Quebec.
Aytos, Spanish specialist software solutions for local authorities
Founded in 1993, Aytos is the Spanish leader specialized in the development and implementation of management software and e-government solutions for local public authorities. Recognized for its complete range of applications covering entire back office-front channel of a local authority and its capacity for innovation, Aytos offers solutions for new requirements such as the concept of “Smart City”.
Aytos is present with more than 3,300 customers in 17 CCAA (Autonomous Communities) and 52 provinces. This success is based on the experience of the team and its perfect knowledge of customer needs.
Strong growth based on innovation and proximity to customers
Since its acquisition by Argos Wityu funds and the company’s management from the Sage Group in May 2013, Aytos has strongly invested:
- in innovation, giving local governments increased access to digital technologies, particularly in the area of mobility (FirmaDoc Mobile launch, MyCityPocket,…),
- in geographical expansion, recruiting new teams to cover new Spanish regions increasing its workforce by over 50% in 2 years,
- in marketing, to allow the company to share its know-how in management software and to improve its customer proximity.
Karel Kroupa and Gilles Lorang, Partners of Argos Wityu: “The growth strategy in which Aytos has committed since its independence decision, based on innovation and recruitments, quickly paid off thanks to the amazing work of the management team. The acquisition by Berger Levrault will bring additional opportunities and will therefore further accelerate the development of company.”
- M&A: Montalban Atlas Capital (Cesar Garcia, Mikel Irueta, Ana Herrera), Easton CF (Philippe Guezenec)
- Legal: Rivero & Gustafson (Sebastian Rivero, Eliecer Perez Simon)
- Grant Thornton (Emmanuel Riou, Eduard Gellida)
About Argos Wityu
Created in 1989, Argos Wityu is an independent European Private Equity firm with offices in Milan, Paris, Geneva and Brussels. Argos Wityu focuses on management buy-outs, buy-ins, Bimbo, spin-off, in small and medium sized companies. The funds managed by Argos Wityu typically take majority stakes ranging from €10m to €60m in companies with revenues of €20m to €400m. Since its creation, Argos Wityu has carried out more than 60 transactions focusing on management buy-outs and buy-ins in small and medium companies. The firm has developed a track record of unusual, complex and off-market transactions where the firm’s combination of local presence and international experience is able to add value to the small and medium-sized businesses it invests in.
The fund Argos Wityu VI (€400m) raised in 2011 has allowed the realization of 9 transactions as of today.
About Berger Levrault
With nearly 60’000 customers and more than 1’400 employees, Berger Levrault is the leading multi-channel information publisher and management solutions systems provider in Europe. Offering advice, products, services and training, the group provides the necessary tools to the public sector, health services, education and the civil service to enable them to focus on their core business.
Argos Wityu contacts:
- Karel Kroupa (Partner), Gilles Lorang (Partner), Nicolas Trani (Associate)
- Press: Stéphanie Lafitte, tél. +33 1 53 67 20 50, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information www.argos-soditic.com